1 hr, rest overnight, Refrigerate for 60 mins
Robern Menz Products:
An Aussie favourite with a twist!
- 2 cups (280g) Menz Choc Honeycomb, plus 100g to decorate
- 8 egg whites
- 440g (2 cups) caster sugar
- 2 tbs cornflour
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 400g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 750ml (3 cups) thickened cream
- 6 bananas
- 1 x 380g can of Nestle Top'n'Fili caramel
- Meringue: Position 3 shelves in oven and preheat to 140C. Prepare 3 trays with a sheet of non-stick baking paper. Roughly chop 280g of Menz Choc Honeycomb. Using an electric mixer, whisk egg whites on high speed to stiff peaks, then gradually add sugar and whisk until thick and glossy. Add cornflour, vinegar and vanilla, and stir to combine. Gently fold in Menz Choc Honeycomb until combined.
- Divide meringue among trays, spooning it into a mound in the centre of each lined baking tray. Using a palette knife or back of a spoon, spread meringue to make rough 20cm circles. Place trays in oven, bake for 30 minutes, then swap trays: move bottom tray to middle shelf, middle tray to top shelf and top tray to bottom shelf. Bake for a further 30 minutes. Cool overnight.
- Ganache: Break chocolate into pieces, mix in the 300ml of cream. Place chocolate and cream in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth, stirring with a metal spoon halfway through cooking. Mix until smooth and all the chocolate is melted. Refrigerate for 30 minutes covered.
- Assembly: Using an electric mixer, whisk remaining 450ml cream to soft peaks. Slice bananas and roughly chop the extra Menz Choc Honeycomb. Place 1 meringue on a plate. Spoon over 1/3 of the ganache, then 1/3 of the cream and 1/3 of the caramel. Top with half the bananas. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the Menz Choc Honeycomb.
- Repeat this layering with your second meringue and finish with the third meringue spooning over remaining ganache, caramel and cream. Scatter with extra Menz Choc Honeycomb and bananas. Refrigerate the stack for 30 minutes to firm before serving.
* Ready made pavlova bases available from your local retailer.