Refrigerate 8 hours
Robern Menz Products:
A silky smooth dessert to tantalise your taste buds.
- 250g pack of sweet plain biscuits
- 155g butter melted
- 2 teaspoons gelatine
- 1/4 cup water
- 200g milk chocolate chopped
- 500g cream cheese at room temp
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 300ml thickened cream
- 200g Menz Choc Honeycomb
- Grease a 24 cm round spring form pan and line base with baking paper.
- Process biscuits until crushed. Add butter and process until combined.
- Press mixture over base and up sides of prepared pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Sprinkle gelatine over water in a small heat proof jug. Stand jug in a pan of simmering water. Stir until dissolved. Remove and cool.
- Place chocolate in heat proof bowl. Stir bowl over pan of simmering water. Stir until melted. Alternatively melt in the microwave in thirty second bursts.
- Remove and cool for 10 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- With mixer on low speed, beat in cream, then chocolate and gelatine mixture until smooth. Fold in crushed Choc Honeycomb pieces (needs to be crushed fairly small).
- Pour filling over biscuit base. Cover and refrigerate overnight until set.
- To serve remove the side of pan. Transfer cheesecake to a serving plate. Can be served plain, or top with cream or chocolate bits.
Note: if you garnish the top with Honeycomb pieces, do this just before serving as Honeycomb gets sticky when exposed to air.